So this war ...It was PRETTY darn amazing !
I have NEVER been interested in wars, what so ever ..but this one was out of toe ordinary.
The American Revolutionary War .
Isn't it funny , how much a person can assume ?
I really never have had that much interest in the US History ; don't get me wrong ! I am a history fan , but never really got around the history of the USA. Sooo , when the teacher started talking about this war ..ii just kept telling myself, that psssh , I am pretty darn sure the British are going to win this war ! I mean COME-ON ! They had the most advantages on their side ; at least the ones I saw were the ones that were the most needed in war ..
Wonderful ammunition ; an abundance of men in the army ; and well I thought the only tactic you'd need in a war is to ...FIGHT .
But ..the US did something totally different . Yeah , they lacked much needed weapons, they did not have the that many men to fight but they introduced ME to a tactic called the "Guerrilla Tactic" .
Ha. This kind of sort of REALLY impressed. Not to mention the men fighting the war can even come back ..but it impressed me .
What they did is that ...while the British came charging , the US army simply Ran :D !
Yeep! They just ran . Well , they ran in order to avoid dying .
They would keep the British army running until they'd run out of their weapons and really have no other way of "fighting the war"
Also , I forgot to mention ...as the war was taking place in the US the US army did have an advantage of resources to feed their men, and keep them somewhat healthy and sound.
On the other hand , as the colonists did not even want to have to do anything with the British, they did not give them ANY kind of food , shelter which obviously didn't bring any luck to the British.
Eventually , the US did win the war and declared its independence ! YEEH (: !
Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.
-John Adams, A Dissertation on the Canon and Feudal Law, 1765
No comments:
Post a Comment