Sunday

Abolitionism ..FINALLY!

Yes, I am a very humanitarianism person .. at least I think I am. 
Any kind of injustice against ANYONE, just gets me started .
Even if it was like about like 400 years ago (392 to be exact).
So when the aboltionlism movements started, it really got me excited. 
So while reading my book and the chapters, I was imagining two little people fighting.
One was obviously that good looking, anti-slavery Hero (:
& the other was the green colored, pro-slavery Villain :(
All though no one is really considered the Villain, or the Hero in those days.
Because the South would side one , while the North, someone else .
And again , ii be a little party pooper and wonder if they really tried hard enough the first time?
I am kind of a negative thinker when it comes to fighting for rights and what not ..
I was think it's not hard enough. 
But that's just me.
I'm SURE they did.
I was glad that people started their own thinking and started realized that slavery was in all a bad thing. 
All it did was exploit the African-Americans, and take away their rights.
This question always brewed in my mind ..
If the Americans fought for their rights from the British, then how did they not see the fact that they're taking away the rights of the slaves?
I guess they were just used to it .
I admit ; ii am a pretty hypocritical person myself. 
But still, I feel proud knowing that there were some of those people who had the strength the step out of their shoes and speak up.


Here is my Thank-You to those amazing people :)



"If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who wants crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lighting."
-Fredrick Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment