Oh man ; Women ALWAYS stand out !
It's the truth & I couldn't be more proud of these two wonderful women:
Elizabeth Cady Stanton :: Susan B. Anthony
Today without these two legends, things would definitely be different for the Women in the USA.
Both of them teamed up together and fought for Women's Rights.
The held the first convention in Seneca Falls, New York.
They'd claimed for equality for women in public life.
They defended their arguments with the very famous Constitutional saying, "All men and women are created equal."
It all started with a slavery movement as now had turned into a fight for the women.
They'd also campaigned the rights of a women to divorce her husband, or the correct right of the property if her husband lives no more.
Today, due to them Women are able to vote ; rightfully own property ; live their life according to their rules .
It's our very right .
And I am glad they were able to fight for us :)
"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand."-Susan B. Anthony
No comments:
Post a Comment