We were dicussing in class about the questions of "What is History?" ...
& it really came across through a talk with the parental unit .
You know those days when you're sitting in the car , with absolutely nothing to talk about except the weather being to cold or too hot ?
& it really came across through a talk with the parental unit .
You know those days when you're sitting in the car , with absolutely nothing to talk about except the weather being to cold or too hot ?
Mhmm ..we ALL know what I'm talking about .
Well, it's those times when you ask the most random YET , amazing questions & create ...educational moments.
So ! We're on our way back home when my father questions me about college , particularly History .
So I tell him it's a little hard ..but I think I'll manage .
He said : "Janhvi, the only thing you REALLY even need to know is that the British took over every country they could have."
Now considering this came from an engineer it was understandable ...BUT , ii went back & thought about what he said & realized it IS kind of true ..
I mean they took over South Africa - America - India ..etc .
I MIGHT be wrong ..but from what I know ..they've kind of played quite a big role in shaping the way most countries work .
They came into America, and created a path for people to make their own lives .
They kept digging their way to the west & now I sit in the found Washington state and write this blog.
They went to India & made so many factories ; thus leaving the country to a still on-going process of industrializing .
Unfortunately, they did go to Africa but exploited all the resources and took then all away leaving a lot of the country in the poor slums today .
But I just think about it ..
& realize how big of a hand the British have had in creating some of the very big countries in the world & the most powerful country ; United States.
So I tell him it's a little hard ..but I think I'll manage .
He said : "Janhvi, the only thing you REALLY even need to know is that the British took over every country they could have."
Now considering this came from an engineer it was understandable ...BUT , ii went back & thought about what he said & realized it IS kind of true ..
I mean they took over South Africa - America - India ..etc .
I MIGHT be wrong ..but from what I know ..they've kind of played quite a big role in shaping the way most countries work .
They came into America, and created a path for people to make their own lives .
They kept digging their way to the west & now I sit in the found Washington state and write this blog.
They went to India & made so many factories ; thus leaving the country to a still on-going process of industrializing .
Unfortunately, they did go to Africa but exploited all the resources and took then all away leaving a lot of the country in the poor slums today .
But I just think about it ..
& realize how big of a hand the British have had in creating some of the very big countries in the world & the most powerful country ; United States.
No comments:
Post a Comment