So , this is probably the WEIRDEST but very thought provoking questions my mind has popped up!
If slaves are now considered illegal ...are servants?
I mean , don't they do the same thing ...just one different terms.
Back then, the slaves took care of the land and all the farming things ..
Servants now ..take care of the house .
It's ALMOST backwards !
Now , the farmers go out and do their work while the servants stay home to do all the house work .
How weird is that ?
Maybe , ii am missing some kind of connection here ..
Or maybe not ?
Idk.
I feel guilty sometimes ..
True, we treat them different .
I mean I know back home in India we have a couple of servants but we treat them like family . I call them my "aunts" .
But still . They do all the "labor work" in house .
Except cooking ; which I don't consider labor.
Back then, slaves were obviously not considered part of the family or anything such. Yeah, in some families. But they were still exploited.
Weren't they ?
They were mistreated, not credited one bit ..and referred to as "things".
Aren't we all slaves of SOME-KIND?
Aren't we all in SOME kind of debt ?
We owe something to SOMEONE.
It can be : Love . Money . Time . A Soda for a jinx .
But ..we're all slaves . We're all in some kind of debt .
Someway or another ...
We're considered servants ..somewhere .
A man in debt is so far a slave.
No comments:
Post a Comment